Thursday, November 13, 2008

Plucked from the dust bin

12:17am - returned from local game store (who did a crappy job of managing the "slowly let people into the store, two at a time"), began installation, listening to guildies in earlier time zones run around, hunt for trainers, find new and interesting mobs to run away/die from.

Take warlock to Brave New World, squeal with delight at seeing penguins from the boat. Train new tradeskills, take advantage of underwater breathing to visit deep underwater quest giver. Realize that the toon I hadn't planned to take to Northrend any time soon is the herbalist who needs to pick flowers for my alchemy/inscription warlock...

I'm tired of my warrior. No, maybe not tired of her, but she makes me sad. In the days before dailies, I wandered thru battlegrounds as a prot tank, eventually earning the rank of Knight, all as a protection spec tank (painful & agonizing, but eventually I embraced whatever chaos I could inject into flag capture/defense, took my purples, and went home). I'd always accepted that, as a prot warrior, my DPS was lackluster at best, but I was the uber-tank. I used to love playing the class, but when BC moved hybrids into the most desirable tank slot, I refocused my efforts on returning to my healer.

So I've had my level 70, geared well enough to tank Kara (with a good group, better as an off-tank if the DPS was lacking) in semi-retirement for a long while now. She picks flowers from time to time. Facing WotLK, I had no intention of leveling her to 80 (and still don't). But I'd brain-farted on the fact that she needs to be in Northrend, picking the damn flowers. So I logged her in, emptied her bags, and put her on the boat.

After training to Grand Master in herbalism, I took her straight out of town. Tiger lilies began showing up on my minimap, but require 400 skill level. Buh? Trusting Blizzard to not make a gaff that enormous, I kept exploring and found Goldclover (?-- at 2am, my brain wasn't at its best) that allowed me to continue leveling herbalism. But then I had to kill a random animal (who took offense at my flower picking), and was keenly reminded just how painfully slow it is to kill things as a prot warrior.

Weed-need is going to continue, so I guess I'll be spending more time with my florist in plate... but likely with a respec to something a little more DPS-friendly.

No comments: